1. Organizing printed photos: This process usually entails sorting prints; identifying duplicate, blurry and unnecessary photos; organizing the collection into photo-safe storage boxes.
2. Scanning and digitizing analogue media: Many people are interested in having their printed photos and home movies digitized, so they can share them with family members. Photo organizers offer scanning services or suggest sources to convert their clients’ printed photos, slides, videos and film into digital form.
3. Digital photo organizing: Today people are overwhelmed with the volume of digital images they have scattered across multiple devices and software programs. Many photo organizers specialize in digital photo organizing. This process includes compiling images into a central hub, ensuring photos are backed up, and establishing a photo management system, so that photos are easily accessible. This work can be done on-site or remotely.
4. Photo book design: Once a client’s collection is organized, the next step is often to assist them with personalized options for sharing and enjoying their photos and stories. Many photo organizers enjoy the process of designing beautiful and unique one-of-a-kind photo books and gifts.
5. Producing video montages: Video montages that are set to music and include both still photos and video are growing in popularity. Often commissioned for weddings and milestone life events, slideshows may also be requested after the organizing process has been completed.